Opened in 1926, Legion Field is one of the most historic venues in college football. Currently home to the UAB Blazers, Legion Field has hosted some of college football’s greatest games. In addition to hosting the Iron Bowl (1948-1988) between Auburn and Alabama and the SEC Championship Game (1992 & 1993), Legion Field has hosted Olympic soccer (1996), as well as numerous concerts including the Rolling Stones, U2, and Pink Floyd.
- Location: 400 Graymont Avenue West-Birmingham, Alabama
- Phone: (205) 254-2391
- Capacity: 71,594
- First Aid: Gate 7A
- Lost and Found: Items should be brought to the Legion Field Office at Gate 7. For inquires contact the Legion Field office during normal business hours at (205) 254-2391.
- Ticket Office: Gate 7
- Will Call: Gate 7
- Media Will Call: Gate 5B
- ATM: Gate 7
- Seating Chart: Legion Field Seating Chart (.PDF format)
- Parking Map: Legion Field Parking Map
- Playing Surface: FieldTurf/Revolution 360
- Stadium Security: Staff Pro
- Entry: Fans may enter any gate. Everyone regardless of age must have a ticket.
- Re-entry: No re-entry is allowed at any gate. If you leave the stadium for any reason you must have an unused ticket for re-entry.
- Alcohol Sales: All sales require picture identification. Sales will be discontinued at the end of the third quarter.
The following is a list of prohibited items:
- Video cameras
- Still cameras with detachable lens (SRL-type)
- Large bags, backpacks, etc.
- Recording devices
- Artificial noisemakers
- Outside food and beverage
- Food and beverage containers, bottles, cans, coolers, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Controlled substances
- Weapons of any kind
- Pets (except service animals)
Please note that a clear bag policy will be in affect at Legion Field. Please view the Legion Field Clear Bag Policy and Prohibited Items here.
The following items WILL be allowed inside Legion Field on game day:
- Cell phones
- Seat cushions/chairbacks (no larger than one seat)
The following actions are prohibited:
- Smoking, Legion Field is a nonsmoking facility
- Standing or sitting in walkways, aisles, or on the ramps
- Disorderly conduct including: fighting, use of profanity, intoxication, throwing objects
Such actions may warrant ejection from the facility or arrest.
The public lots will open at 7 a.m. on game day. General parking is $20. Tailgating is allowed around your vehicle, however, fans taking up an adjacent space or setting up a tent will be charged an additional $20. Fans wishing to park prior to 7 a.m. on game day must enter through Lot M (off 8th Avenue West).
LEGION FIELD RV PARKING:
The Legion Field parking lots will open for RVs at 7 a.m. on Friday, December 22nd. All RV’s should enter through Lot M (off 8th Avenue West). RV parking is $25/day.
Bus parking is $25 (cash only). Please enter the “Bus Lot” via 6th Avenue West located on the east side of Legion Field.
There are several parking lots available for persons with disabilities, including numerous spaces in Lot F (off Graymont Avenue). For more information, please contact Legion Field at (205) 254-2391.
Complimentary Birmingham Bowl Shuttles will run from team and band hotels on Sunday (29th) and Thursday (2nd). Visit birminghambowl.com Visitors page for complete bowl week shuttle schedules and more information.
HOOVER RV PARK:
RV Parking is also available at the Hoover RV Park. Located just 20 minutes from Legion Field, the Hoover RV Park features numerous amenities, including sewer and sanitation connections. Free shuttle transportation will be provided to and from the game for guests of the Hoover RV Park. Reservations can be made at www. hoovermetcomplex.com or contact Guy Carney directly at 205- 739-7363. Use Promo code “Birmingham Bowl Special” to receive a $100 discount with a 4 day, 3 night stay. To reserve shuttle space email email@example.com